[ #Training #Houdini #vfx #Simulation ] Mastering Destruction course will demonstrate highly effective production-proven techniques f...
Over the course of the 8-week class we will be developing and refining 1 major destruction shot. While there may be a few other smaller homework tasks, most of the course will focus on adding layers of detail and refinement to our main shot week-to-week. By the end of the class, you will have a feature-film-quality destruction shot for your demo reel!
About Keith Kamholz:
He is a seasoned FX Technical Director specializing in destruction, with nearly 10 years experience. He's worked at Double Negative, Industrial Light & Magic, Blue Sky Studios, Tippett Studio, and Framestore NY. He's currently an FX Lead on Pacific Rim: Uprising and his previous work include Jurassic World, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and many other destruction-heavy projects.
Length: 8 Weeks
Lectures: Pre-Recorded each week
Assignment: Deadlines each week
Feedback: Individually recorded
Live Q&A: Once a week
*For classes with less than 6 students feedback may be provided during the live Q&A session.
Topics covered will include:
- Real-world construction and destruction analysis
- Fracturing techniques to achieve various types of natural breaks
- Preparing models for fracturing/simulation
- Packed primitives
- Advanced Houdini attribute control/usage
- SOP solvers
- Bullet rigid body solver technical setup
- Bullet constraints
- Manual deformation techniques for base destruction deformation
- Maya nCloth & Houdini cloth simulation for base destruction deformation
- Transferring animation between Maya & Houdini
- Building Houdini HDAs to create reusable tools
- Simulation layering workflows to gradually increase detail and keep things manageable
- Dust and particulate simulation
- Extra environmental simulation elements
- Adding non-simulated construction detail & "guts"
- What supervisors/directors look for in destruction shots
>> See Also: Houdini Fast Track Vol 1: FundamentalsCGsociety
More about Training [post_ads_2]