[ #GameEngine #Software #VR #Realtime ] Godot is the first Free and Open Source game engine in the same league as the big, commercial ...
Godot is the first Free and Open Source game engine in the same league as the big, commercial ones. It offers a complete editor, dedicated 2D and 3D engines, animation tools, multi-platform export, plugins, a free asset store, and so much more! All that in a lightweight package that runs smoothly on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Showcase of the new and outstanding features coming in Godot 3.0:
- Brand new 3D renderer featuring physically-based rendering, real-time global illumination and improved post-processing effects
- Support for C++ (GDNative), C# (Mono) and Visual Scripting
- Improved HTML5 export using WebAssembly
- New high-level networked multiplayer API
- Entirely new audio engine, supporting routing and real-time effects
- 2D soft shadows and GPU-accelerated particles (2D & 3D)
- Many, many more features!