[ #amazon #Lumberyard #GameEngine #Software ] Amazon has announced the availability of Lumberyard Beta 1.10, the biggest release to d...
Amazon has announced the availability of Lumberyard Beta 1.10, the biggest release to date with over 546 improvements, fixes, and features. Since launching last February, The company has modified, ripped, and replaced over 50% of the original codebase.
>> See Also: First look at Amazon Lumberyard Game Engine
Some highlight features:
• Rendering transparent objects in games can be challenging. Take wine glasses for example: any graphics engineer knows that it’s time-consuming (if not downright annoying) to correctly display every single surface, and get every reflection just right—especially when those surfaces and reflections are drawn out-of-order. Order-independent Transparency solves this.
The left side of the screen showcases the benefits of enabling Order-independent Transparency.
• They’ve all dealt with jagged edges (aka jaggies) and unwanted flickering in games—in many ways, we’ve gotten used to it. But it doesn’t need to be that way. With Temporal Anti-Aliasing, you can more easily smooth out imperfections caused by real-time rendering, getting you closer to achieving film-like quality in your games.
Hundreds of additional features and optimizations
• They’ve introduced 35 improvements to component entity workflows to help speed up your iteration time. For example, you can now multi-select in the Entity Inspector (just use CTRL and SHIFT clicks), revert entities and components back to their slice defaults in one click from the context menu, enable and disable components from the Entity Outliner, and even customize your entity’s icons.
• They’ve also added over 50 improvements to our Cloud Gems to help you better manage your player community. New features include the ability to create new users, reset passwords, and ban players outright in just a few clicks from in the Cloud Gems Portal.
• Plus much more, including a brand new docking system for customizing the editor and performance improvements to the material editor.
Full release notes can be found here.
Download Lumberyard Beta 1.10
More about amazon [post_ads_2]