[ #3dsMax #Autodesk #Software #animation ] Autodesk has released the latest update for 3ds Max 2018, adding a new Fluids simulation too...
Autodesk has released the latest update for 3ds Max 2018, adding a new Fluids simulation toolset, a new multi-force Motion Field Space Warp for directing the output of fluid simulations, and the MAXtoA ( 3ds Max to Arnold ) has been updated to render 3ds Max fuilds in Arnold.
• Fluids allow you to create fluid simulations directly inside 3ds Max using Bifrost technolody.
• Read/create BIF files for direct interoperability with Maya.
• Save/create presets based on viscosity, giving the illusion of different fluid types (honey, water, jelly, etc.).
• Read/open VDB files.
• Dynamically create meshes based on the simulation, which can be processed at the same time or independently.
• Outputs mesh to Alembic so you can play anywhere Alembic is supported or have faster playback.
• The Motion Field space warp works with Fluids, 3ds Max's particle systems, and deforms meshes.
• Combines multiple forces that would have had to be done separately previously, such as drag, wind, and gravity.
• Ability to turn specific components on/off as needed.
New Arnold release:
• See the Arnold (MAXtoA) release notes for detailed information.
• Compatible with Fluids.
• Update to Arnold 126.96.36.199
• Polymeshes can be volume containers.
• Global AOV shaders exposed.
• Indirect AOV checkbox added to skydome light.
• RGBA (beauty) AOV now allowed.
• Indirect Sample Clamp and Indirect Specular Blue exposed in rendering options.
• Iridescence (thin film) section added to the Standard Surface shader.
• Normal Map shader exposes a strength parameter.
• Coat built-in AOVs added.
• Improved mesh light sampling.
• Shaper quad and disk light spread.
• Up to 2x faster BVH build.
• Support for point cloud objects.
• min_pixel_width added to the Arnold property modifier.
• "Skip License Check" renamed "Render with Watermarks."
• Scene information added as metadata when exported to .ass file.
• OIO upgraded to 1.7.15.
• OSL upgraded to 1.9.0.
• New CLM license.
>> See Also: Autodesk 3ds Max 2018.2
Check out the online documentation for more details.
More about 3ds Max [post_ads_2]