[ #Software #Unity ] Unity Technologies has shared their special keynote for Unity 5.6 during the Game Developers Conference presentat...
• Progressive Lightmapper: Gives you immediate feedback when trying out different lighting scenarios, with selective baking, super fast iteration, and debugging.
• Vulkan: ARM, Infinite Dream & Unity built a demo with SkyForce Reloaded to demonstrate how how Vulkan maximizes performance and reduces battery usage
• 2D Tools: Unity 5.6 is adding CompositeCollider2D, an outline editor, 2D physics contacts API and more.
• New NavMesh tools: improving AI and Pathfinding to more easily control character navigation through giant game worlds.
• Unity Collaborate Beta: A simple way for teams to save, share, and sync their Unity project — all Cloud hosted! Unity Collaborate has entered open beta so be sure to sign up now!
• Performance Reporting: Unity Performance Reporting automatically collects errors across various devices and platforms making it easier for you to find and fix issues in real time. New in Unity 5.6, it will capture and report native crashes recorded for iOS games.
• TextMesh Pro: We’re happy to announce that one of the top performing tools on the Unity Asset Store which features Advanced Text Rendering with Dynamic Visual Text Styling along with greatly improved control over text formatting and layout, will now be available for free to users of 5.3+ and natively integrated into Unity in the future.
Visit the Unity Asset Store to get TextMesh Pro now.
• VR platforms: 5.6 will ship with Google Daydream and Cardboard which includes Android and iOS.
Visit Unity's website for more info.