[ @EpicGames @UnrealEngine #UnrealEngine ] Epic Games has unveiled Unreal Engine 4.15 with 79 improvements submitted by the incredible comm...
Unreal Engine 4.15 includes significant gains in overall stability, enhancements to developer workflows, and improvements to runtime performance resulting in greater efficiency during development and superior end user experiences after release.
Compile times for programmers are drastically reduced - by as much as 50%! Reloading content while Unreal Editor is running, Reroute nodes in Materials, a new Blendspace Editor, new mathematics Blueprint nodes, and more contribute to an even more streamlined development process in this release.
For those looking to squeeze out every drop of performance, Cooking Blueprints to C++ native code is no longer an experimental feature, the Texture Streaming system has gotten an overhaul, and Alternate Frame Rendering with NVIDIA SLI gives a boost on high end systems.
The Cinematics and Animation pipelines continue to strengthen with Animation blending now possible in Sequencer, linking Animation Curves to bones for culling in LODs, and modifying curves in Animation Blueprints with the Modify Curve node. Level Sequences can now be embedded in Actor Blueprints, and early support for Level Sequence Components is available for early adopters.
Developing for Nintendo Switch is available as experimental as part of the platform improvements. GPS data is now accessible on iOS and Android using the new Location Services. Also on iOS, streaming audio and remote notifications are fully supported. Monoscopic Far Field Rendering is an option for mobile VR platforms, HDR display output is available in an experimental state, and the ability to use Playstation VR Aim Controllers is also added."
Unreal Engine 4.15 Major Features are:
- New: Nintendo Switch Support
- New: Physically Based Default Post-Processing Settings
- New: Improved Texture Streaming
- New: Cooking Blueprints to C++
- New: Faster C++ Compile Times
- New: UI Blur Rects
- New: Material Editor Reroute Nodes
- New: Sequencer Animation Blending
- New: Sequencer Animations in Blueprints (Experimental)
- New: Content Hot-Reloading (Experimental)
- New: High Dynamic Range Display Output (Experimental)
- New: Mobile Rendering Preview (OpenGL ES 3.1, Metal, Vulkan)
- New: Map/Set Containers for Blueprints
- New: Gameplay Tags
- New: Color Grading Controls
- New: VR Editor Menu Improvements
- New: Texture Streaming Debugging Visualization Tools
- New: Flight Stick and Steering Wheel Support (Windows)
- New: Previous Frame Switch Material Node
- New: Pre-Skinned Local Normal Material Node
- New: Sequencer Event Track Payloads
- New: Blendspace Editor Improvements
- New: Pose Snapshotting
- New: Alternate Frame Rendering Support for NVIDIA SLI
More details on the blog!
More about Unreal Engine