[ @AndrewShpagin #3D ] The new update of modeling, painting and retopology software 3D-Coat is now available with many news feature 3D-Coat...
3D-Coat 4.7 Key Features are:- New Physically Based Shader. Now GGX lighting natively supported.
- Almost all Voxel Shaders are PBR compatible now. Each shader has rich set of parameters, including different textures, SSS, Gloss, Metalness, Cavity and Bulge settings. Very good support of cavity and bulge is present in realtime.
- All PBR shaders effects (except pseudo SSS effect) are exactly baked into paint room.
- PicMat-s are also present but it is not guaranteed that they will be baked correctly, so use them only on intermediate stage.
- GGX exact support means compatibility with most of current game and render engines.
- Painting over mesh is "as is" without modulation on background shader color. But painting over layer 0 is disabled for Voxels/Surface.
- Old shaders are disabled because shaders system was completely re-made.
- Old panoramas are disabled, you will need to add them as HDR or EXR files from scratch.
- Multiple maps Baking, including AO, SSS.
- New Export Constructor. It allows to pack many channels into one texture in custom way. It helps to adopt 3D-Coat's texture export for any render or game engine.
- Anti-aliased painting introduced everywhere: Vertex Painting, PPP, MV, Ptex. It is applied to stencils, materials, brushes, text, curved pictures.
- New low-poly modeling Retopo Tools: Cut and Connect, Extrude faces, extrude vertices, Intrude, Shell.
- New Primitives Added: screws, spirals, etc with rich Optio
- 3D-Printing Export function included in PRO version.
The update is free for owners of v4.x versions. Download 3D-COAT 4.7 trial here. Or buy The Professional version for $379 and Amateur version for $99
More about Software