Chaos group has announced that a new V-Ray for 3ds Max Beta build with new features and fixes is now available >> See Also: V-R...
Chaos group has announced that a new V-Ray for 3ds Max Beta build with new features and fixes is now available
>> See Also: V-Ray 3.0 Beta ReviewThe new beta build comes with an option to exclude the local machine from DR rendering and to automatically transfer and cache render assets to the DR servers, thus making sure every render slave has a full set of assets. A full version of V-Ray Standalone is included in the installation and a new camera type “Spherical panorama” is also introduced in the new V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta build.
New featuresNew features
• DR settings - Option to exclude from the local machine DR rendering.
• DR settings - Options to automatically transfer and cache Assets to the DR servers render (3ds Max 2010 and later).
• VRayFastSSS2 - raytraced mode for multiple scattering.
• VRayHDRI - An option for ground projection environment is added.
• VrayProxy - Support for alembic 1.5.
• VrayProxy - Ability to Specify path starting in alembic files.
• Lens analyzer - Ability to analyze distortion in arbitrary images.
• Render mask - Two new modes added: include / exclude list and a layer name.
• VFB - Option to automatically save each rendered in the history ( VFB history enabled from the options dialog ).
• The full version of V-Ray Standalone is now included inthe installation.
• A new camera type " Spherical panorama " for equirec tangular panoramas is added (similar to " Spherical " but Allows manual control of the vertical FOV).
Modified features• VrayPhysicalCamera - Newly created objects are named "VRayCam001" etc.
• VRayHDRI - Faster shutting down of 3ds Max khi "clear on render end" for tiled textures is disabled.
• VRayMtl and VRayFastSSS2 - Print information about which prepass materials require interpolation maps.
• VRayIES - The light dimensions are now shown in scene units in the UI.
• "Reinhard" color mapping is now the default color mapping mode.
• Added per- object motion blur duration setting in the V-Ray object properties dialog.
• V-Ray RT - Now uses the V - Ray VFB when enabled production renderer.
• V-Ray RT GPU - Reduced noise on VRayBlendMtl materials.
• VrayProxy - The default preview mode is " preview from file(faces) " as it's faster in Nitrous.
More details on new features and Bugs fixed here
VRmats are universal V-Ray shaders for use across multiple 3D modeling applications. Check out the V - Ray 3.0 BETA VRmats video tutorial below
If you are eager to add V-Ray to your pipeline get V-Ray 2.0 now and upgrade free of cost to V-Ray 3.0 upon release! Check out the promo details here. The release of V-Ray 3.0 marks the introduction of a new licensing policy. Learn more about the new pricing and licensing options here. You can also Join the beta program and help Chaos group to create the best version of V-Ray yet!
More about Vray