OTOY Inc has announced the availability of their new plugin product called 'OctaneRender™ for Au...
OctaneRender™ is currently recognized by many industry professionals and 3d graphic visualization artists as the most advanced and fastest GPU based physically based render engine with an advanced and flexible node-based workflow and user-interface. However, due to current exporter scripts communicating with the OctaneRender® application via file export, many artists lacked closely integrated options and fast IO, limiting functionality and workflow features required for fast and efficient geometry transfer and animation rendering,
Now, you can have the most advanced, fastest physically based render engine on the market tightly integrated into your 3d modeling and animation software, for a fast workflow and rendering pipeline suitable for interactive editing and fast final animation rendering output by using Maya®'s environment for scene setup, fine-tuning and animating all parameters for objects, materials, lights, media, etc... all from inside Maya®.
This new plugin product is the second of a new series of fully integrated plugin solutions, embedding the OctaneRender™ GPU-based rendering engine directly into Autodesk® Maya®.
- Full binary library integration of OctaneRender™ into Maya®, useable both as an internal Maya® render engine and interactive render engine.
- No File or Pipe-based IO between Maya® and the engine is used, as the engine works directly in the Maya® process and memory space, with direct memory access.
- Full integration of all OctaneRender™ nodes as materials, lights (area lights & daylight system), textures (spectra, 2d/3d image & procedural), media (for absorption and sub-surface scattering / volumetric materials) and more.
- Integration of OctaneRender™ nodes into Maya® 2012+ nodegraph editor system for complex material and texture mixing & setup.
- Automatic scene material translation from existing Maya® materials, with other popular 3rd party engine material systems added during the first weeks of the beta program, based on customer feedback and demand.
- All OctaneRender™ nodes, parameters and features are configurable from Maya®.
- Identical engine functionality and render performance just like our current OctaneRender™ Standalone engine.
- Batch render fully animated scenes using Maya®'s render engine workflow, optionally using any Maya® compatible network render queue software.
More information here