[ #sidefx #Software #Update #Houdini ] The latest production build of Houdini 16.5.378 comes with new improvements the licensing and...
>> See Also: Creating Landscape in Houdini 16Rewritten UV Flatten node with some of the key features:
• UV Flatten now includes both Spectral and Angle Based flattening.
• You can now feed the node with edge groups to define seams, or use the new cut and sew tools to manually define UV islands, or combine both techniques.
• A pin vertex tool lets you more easily manipulate the size, shape, or orientation of the UV islands, or to deform them freely.
• An align vertex tool lets you select multiple vertices and align them in either the U or V direction. When working with Angle Based flattening, there is an option to select sequences of edges and constraint them to lie on a straight line.
• New Repack button for reorganizing UV islands to optimize layout and remove overlapping.
• As your mouse hovers over UV Islands, they are highlighted in both the UV and 3D views to show which UVs are associated with which polygons.
The new production build includes a number of features to improve the import/export of FBX files, especially for gamedevs:
• File node now lets you manage object imports from an FBX file. By default all objects will be imported, or choose to specify which objects are needed.
• When importing objects with the File node, transforms will be baked directly to the points, and normals modified accordingly. Material names are added as primitive attributes, and custom FBX properties will be converted to primitive attributes.
• LODs can now be imported and exported to FBX files. This means that LODs can now be created manually for export, by parenting them to a null node named LODGroup.
• LOD group parameters are now imported as spare parameters when you choose File > Import > FBX. This makes it possible to rebuild the LODs properly on import. LODs imported into Houdini will be exported with the same settings.
• To create more reliable export of skeletons from Houdini to applications such as game engines, there is a new option to disable the export of end effectors when using File > Export > FBX.
• To support customization, the FBX exporter source code is now open source, and available on the SideFX GitHub
. More about the new features in Houdini 16.5.378 on SideFX’s website
More about Houdini [post_ads_2]