[ #Realtime #UnrealEngine ] The latest version of Unreal Engine 4 comes out with over 90 improvements including new tools, workflow e...
The latest version of Unreal Engine 4 comes out with over 90 improvements including new tools, workflow enhancements, and performance optimizations make your work easier. Unreal Engine 4.17 updated with the new composure compositing system and Image Plate plugin provides a powerful and flexible means of combining content rendered in realtime with live action footage. Numerous improvements to Sequencer continue to refine the workflow for creating cinematics and linear media.
>> See Also: Ultimate River Tool For Unreal Engine 4
Some major Features:• New: Sequencer Improvements
A ton of functionality, stability, and usability improvements to Sequencer to make it as enjoyable to create your story as it is for users to experience it.
- Auto-key: Auto-key has been simplified to be a single toggleable state in order to improve usability and clarity.
- Sequencer Edits vs Level Edits: You can be confident in whether a change to a property will affect a single shot or propagate to other shots using a new toggle in Sequencer which helps you divide up your work
- Sequencer World Outliner Integration: Sequencer is now more tightly-integrated with the World Outliner. The World Outliner shows which Level Sequences an Actor is bound in and displays Actors spawned by Sequencer so that you can access all Actors bound by Sequencer in one location.
- Blending in Sequencer: It is now possible to blend sections in Sequencer together to create seamless transitions with ease. Blending is available for numeric properties in sequencer (2D/3D transforms, vectors, colors, floats etc).
• New: Composure Compositing Plugin (Early Access)
• New: Image Plate Actor and Sequencer Track (Experimental)
• New: Global Shader Support For Plugins
You can now add new global shaders inside of Plugins and Projects! Taking advantage of changes made to the shader compiler and shader directory file structure, Plugins and Projects can provide their own Shaders. You can look at the LensDistortion plugin for a simple example (Engine/Plugins/Compositing/LensDistortion).
• New: Dependencies between plugins
Plugins can now declare dependencies on other plugins that the engine will use to automatically enable and load additional plugins they depend on. Dependencies can be listed in a .uplugin using with the same syntax as .uproject files.
• New: Bent Normal Maps and Reflection Occlusion
• New: Live Editing of Animation Blueprints (Experimental)
• New: VR Mode Camera Previews
• New: UMG / Slate Clipping 2.0
Check out full list of updates in Unreal Engine 4.17
More about Unreal [post_ads_2]