[ #PlantFactory #Animation #environment ] E-on software has released PlantFactory 2016 Release 3 (R3), the latest update for animated...
E-on software has released PlantFactory 2016 Release 3 (R3), the latest update for animated 3D plants, extending the vegetation painting system and improving file export.
• Advanced Pruning Algorithms
PlantFactory 2016 R3 adds a new Current Primitive node, that allows advanced control over branch growth and natural pruning effects. Additionally, a new set of pruning parameters are now available, such as: Cut probability, Cut length, Radius Reduction.
• UX/UI Improvements:
- Major performance/responsiveness/stability improvements
- All software titles are now available in English, French and German
- Better wireframe display, and improved gizmo manipulator interactions
- Improved geometry loading and previewing
- Improved vegetation painting
• Improved Geometry Transition Algorithms
- Better handling of branch offset
- Improved geometry continuity with highly distorted models
- Displacement mapping now available on transition zones
• Improved exports:
- New optional wind application to exported geometry
- Improved export dialog interface
- Improved PTex format export for plant materials
More detail on plantfactory-tech.com.