[ #FabricEngine # ] Fabric Software has released Fabric Engine 2.5, the latest version has two main additions: Kludge, a tool for wra...
New ‘Kludge’ system - a tool that makes it easier to wrap C++ libraries into KL extensions.
• An API description language that describes a C++ API in a way that Kludge can use to generate an extension that wraps the API.
• A generate tool that takes an API description written in this language and generates a KL extension, written in both C++ and KL, that wraps the API.
• A discover tool that takes C++ header files and tries to generate an API description in the description language.
Visit Kludge User Guide for more info.
Redesigned Tab Search
The new Tab Search leverages the new tag architecture of Presets to improve preset discoverability. Now it is easier than ever to get the right preset at the right time.
The new Tab Search is enabled in the same way as the legacy one (which can still be used by enabling to View/Graph View/Use Legacy Tab Search) by pressing the TAB key. Results that match your search query will be shown below the search box. Tags that match the query will be listed as well and will show presets that match that tag underneath it. The results listed have a heat bar to indicate how close the match to the query is. Additionally, the most relevant tags are shown next to the preset name.
• SQLite3 + SQLite3Wrapper: Enables support for an in memory database within KL. Additionally, the SQLite3Wrapper introduces a lightweight ORM (Object relational model)
• ZeroMQ: A simple to use high-performance socket library
• Fabric Template Library (FTL): Wrapping parts of our core services. To introduce this extension, we’ve exposed a high-performance JSON Decoder and Encoder based on the one the Fabric Core uses.
• BinPacking: The Bin Packing extension provides a service for solving a 2D bin packing problem with KL
>> See Also: Fabric 2.4 released
Download Fabric from the Get Fabric page
More about Fabric Engine [post_ads_2]