[ #IBC2014 #mocha #Tracking #ImagineerSystems ] Imagineer Systems , creators of the Academy Award-...
>> See Also: Mocha tracking tutorial
“mocha has gained a dedicated customer base of post-production artists working on episodic television, commercials and feature film visual effects. For our new version 4 release, we have focused on requests from our broadcast and film customers. We have added stereoscopic 3D support to produce a time saving workflow in which an artist can planar track between the left and right views. The result is an efficient workflow for stereo 3D tracking, roto, camera solving and better object removal (clean plating),” says Ross Shain, chief marketing officer, Imagineer Systems. “Additionally, new Adobe Premiere mask export, improved Nuke and After Effects support, and Python scripting are all features that address the demands of our significantly expanding user base. We look forward to showcasing these new tools at IBC2014.”
What’s New in mocha Pro v4.1?The upcoming release of mocha Pro incorporates a number of powerful new features and improvements. Version 4.1, previewing at IBC 2014, will include:
- New format support: mocha Pro and mocha Plus will support RED Dragon 6K footage and OpenEXR2.
- New “open spline” export: Export animated open mask splines to Adobe After Effects CC and The Foundry’s NUKE.
- Improved features and support for Autodesk Flame and Smoke users: Users can now export multiple animated mask layers to Autodesk Flame or Smoke in one Gmask file. Added support for Flame and Smoke 2014 will enhance user experience.
- Improved 3D Camera Solving: Get more accurate solves in order to export 3D camera data to users’ favorite modeling and animation packages.
- Python Scripting: Load and run Python commands within the mocha user interface.
- Support for new Mac Pros: Version 4.1 is now qualified for use on the newest Apple Mac Pro CPUs.
- Feathered Remove support: Use feathered edges on splines for object removal.
- Edge width subtraction: Add or subtract an edge width in Edge Properties.
- Enhanced Linear Controls for Parameter fields: Drag anywhere inside a field when using Linear Controls; also includes new use of Shift or Control modifiers to increase or decrease mouse sensitivity.
Get a Behind-the-Scenes Look: Presentations From Special Industry GuestsVisit stand 7.K29 for special presentations from the industry’s most innovative minds. Presenters will include:
Martin Brennand, product manager at Imagineer Systems, will provide demonstrations on mocha Pro 4.1, the latest and most up-to-date version of the award-winning planar tracking technology.
Lars Wemmje, visual effects artist at Slaughterhouse (SLGH), will explain how he uses mocha Pro with After Effects and Nuke for commercial VFX work. Lars will discuss how he uses mocha Pro on a daily basis for commercial retouching, object removal, image stabilization and more. He will also go over how mochaImport+ bridges the workflow between mocha Pro and NUKE, as well as mocha Pro and After Effects, allowing him to use the powerful planar tracking directly within his tools of choice.
Ben Brownlee Heusner, accomplished post-production trainer of Curious Turtle Training, will present tips and techniques for editors and artists to get more out of mocha’s toolset for tracking difficult screen inserts, fixing footage and complementing the finishing process.
More about mocha