Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced plans to significantly update the video tools in Adobe® Creative Cloud™. With over 150 new features, th...
>> See Also: After Effects 12.1 New FeaturesAdobe will demonstrate its new solutions, highlight key customers and partner focused initiatives during the annual IBC 2013 Exhibition at its stand (Hall 7, Stand 7.G27) in the RAI Convention Center, Sept. 13-17, and online at http://www.adobe.com/go/ibc2013. Adobe professional video and broadcast tools will also be presented in more than 60 partner booths throughout the IBC exhibit.
New Innovations to Creative Cloud for Video
Creative Cloud offers video professionals a membership-based service that provides users with unlimited access to download and install flagship Adobe professional video desktop applications as well as the full range of Adobe desktop applications for design, web and photography. With Creative Cloud membership, users also have access to publishing services to deliver apps and websites, cloud storage and the ability to sync to any device, and new products and exclusive updates as soon as they’re released. This offers more efficient ways to share work with colleagues and the creative community; and enables more innovation, collaboration and efficient productions from post to broadcast. Key new updates include:
A new Direct Link Color Pipeline between Adobe Premiere Pro CC and SpeedGrade CC provides an integrated workflow that allows users to move multi-track timelines seamlessly back and forth; open Adobe Premiere Pro CC sequences in SpeedGrade quickly; and see the results as effects in Adobe Premiere Pro CC that are managed by the Lumetri Deep Color Engine.
- Expanded native support for UltraHD, 4K and higher resolutions, high frame rates and RAW formats, enabling editors to work with footage from the hottest new high-res cameras natively – without having to wait to transcode and re-wrap files.
- The Mask Tracker in After Effects enables video professionals to create masks and apply effects that track automatically frame-by-frame throughout a composition to save countless hours of tedious work.
- Editing is streamlined in Premiere Pro CC, with improved multicam, enhanced closed captioning capabilities, new monitor overlays and audio monitoring features, enabling editors to work faster.
- Performance enhancements punctuate this release with support in Premiere Pro CC for OpenCL so editors have the speed and power they need for the most demanding projects, and new GPU debayering of Cinema DNG for real time playback.
- A preview of the upcoming Prelude CC Live Logger iPad app, which enables users to log notes, events, and other data on their iPad while shooting, including the ability to sync with timecode on set via supported wireless timecode generators, and then sync metadata to footage via Creative Cloud for faster editing.
- Advanced color grading with the new SpeedLooks in SpeedGrade CC offers dedicated camera patches. This allows users to match the color spaces even across different camera formats. New multiple masks and linked mask layers capabilities also enable SpeedGrade users more control over complex looks.
- New Sync Settings in Adobe Media Encoder CC let users sync application preferences between multiple computers via Creative Cloud.
- New production planning features in Adobe Story Plus provide powerful scheduling and reporting tools for managing productions efficiently, making it easy to modify and share lists between productions and users.
The Next-Generation of Adobe Anywhere for video
Adobe today also announced important updates are planned to Adobe Anywhere, the modern collaborative workflow platform that empowers users of Adobe professional video solutions such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Prelude CC to work together using centralized media and assets across standard networks. Adobe Anywhere complements Creative Cloud applications and enables deep collaboration for large organizations working with video, including broadcasters, educational institutions and government agencies.
- Early access to After Effects CC Support: Adobe Anywhere now enables visual effects and motion graphic artists using After Effects CC to collaborate with other production team members, without the need to learn new software.
- Growing File Support: Edit media in Premiere Pro CC while it is recording to a file – a capability important for sports and live broadcasters.
- Complementary iPad App: Adobe previewed an upcoming Adobe Anywhere iPad app, that enables users to view productions and play back sequences on the Anywhere server from the field or a remote location.
Bill Roberts, director of video product management, Adobe
“Professional video is a dynamic industry where things change fast. Broadcasters and Video Pros have limited resources and are under increasing pressure to deliver more on shorter timelines and smaller budgets, so they need solutions that streamline workflows and enable more efficiency. We have seen rapid adoption of our video tools in Creative Cloud and are excited that less than five months after a milestone Creative Cloud release, we’re able to preview significant new features and services. We make an active effort to listen to our customers and develop solutions to address industry challenges and both Creative Cloud and Adobe Anywhere give us a great platform to quickly deliver those enhancements.”
“Our work evolves with technology, so it is cost effective for us to take advantage of the Adobe Creative Cloud model. Adobe invests in its video products and it’s incredible to see how far they have come. Why wouldn’t you want immediate access to all of the great new offerings?”
- Patrick Dahl, Co‐founder, Banner Collective post-production for Chicago Blackhawks
“With the release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe has really shown leadership in listening to what the professional editing community needs in order to work more efficiently and collaboratively. Most of the changes in Adobe Premiere Pro CC came as a direct result of a very open and collaborative dialogue between Adobe engineers and artists in the field. The communication level between end user and developer was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced in my over 22 years in the industry.”
-Walter Biscardi, Jr., Principal, Biscardi Creative Media
“We spend 90% of our time in Adobe After Effects CC, so any features that save us time and fuel our creativity are appreciated. In After Effects CC there’s a lot to love - from the new Cinema4D integration and the improved 3D tracker to the addition of Refine Edge to the Roto Brush and improved scaling algorithms - it all has a positive impact on our workflow.”
- Stephen Lawes, Creative Director, Cantina Creative
“For quick turnaround jobs, Adobe Premiere Pro CC nails it. I can edit faster than in Final Cut Pro 7 because I don’t have to transcode, the trim tools are better, and I can use features such as Hover Scrub to cut a montage incredibly quickly.”
- Gerard Tay, Film and TV Editor
Membership Plans and Availability:
This major update to the video tools in Creative Cloud will be available on October 15, 2013. Current Creative Cloud members receive all of this innovation as part of their existing membership, at no extra cost. Special promotional pricing is available to existing customers who own CS3 or later. Individual, education, team, government and enterprise membership plans are available. For pricing details, visit: https://creative.adobe.com/plans.
New enhancements for Adobe Anywhere for video will also be available on October 15. For pricing, please contact an Adobe account representative at email@example.com. For further details on Adobe Anywhere, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeanywhere.html. For more information on Adobe Broadcast Solutions, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/broadcast.
For more information on Adobe Creative Cloud or Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, SpeedGrade CC and other tools available in Creative Cloud, please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit http://www.adobe.com
More about Adobe Creative Cloud